Autumnal roasted vegetables with CAMBOZOLA dip
Ingredients for 2 people:
For the CAMBOZOLA dip:
3 oz CAMBOZOLA, in pieces
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh chives, cut
For the oven vegetables:
4 multi-coloured carrots (approx. 8.8 oz)
2 small parsnips (approx. 5.3 oz)
2 small red onions
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes (approx. 10.5 oz)
1 sprig each of thyme and rosemary
1 medium sour apple
1 tin of chick peas (9.3 oz drained weight)
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. First prepare the CAMBOZOLA dip: To do this, finely mash the CAMBOZOLA with a fork in a bowl or purée it directly with the mayonnaise until the desired consistency is reached. Then carefully stir in the sour cream so that the mixture does not become too runny. Stir in lemon juice and chives, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and place in the refrigerator until use.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (top and bottom heat).
3. Peel carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes, and cut into cubes or pieces. Peel and quarter the onions. Put all vegetables in a bowl and mix with about 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the thyme and rosemary sprigs. Place everything in a single layer on a small baking tray, and drizzle over more oil as desired. Roast in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until the vegetables are just cooked.
4. Meanwhile, wash the apple, quarter it, remove the seeds, and cut into slices. Drain the chickpeas, and rinse under running water. After the 25 minutes of baking time, carefully mix the vegetables on the baking tray. Then add the apple slices and chickpeas and spread on top. Place in the oven again for 12–15 minutes.
5. Remove the stems from the herbs, and serve the roasted vegetables with the CAMBOZOLA dip.
Tip: You can also easily prepare double the amount. Simply use a larger baking tray.
© Maja Nett // moey’s kitchen